For the complete US HRWW Grain Weather Issues Report, CLICK HERE.
- LA NINA still kicking … Bias towards BELOW NORMAL (BN) Rains Plains/ WCB
- Jet stream pattern of shallow trough over North Rockies/Upper Plains/Great Lakes favor BN temps there / some
- BUT also favors Wet pattern for Delta, Deep South and lower WCB
- NO threat of any Arctic Air mass outbreaks into HRWW areas for next 2 weeks maybe into 1st week of March
- EXPECT major increases in drought conditions and expansion of D2 D3 and D4 thru FEB 28
- Strong Hint of western US or sw US trough developing end of FEB / March that COULD set up wet pattern for
HRWW. — Question if this happens will it be
• Wetter than it has been
• Wetter than Normal?
- SOME climate models that came out yesterday -the NMME – now showing hot very dry over much of the Conus. Problem is that NMME past 2 months is useful and strong warm bias.
- Threat of hot dry summer 2018 is growing BUT not yet a 50-50 %. Many, many cases of dry winter followed by WET Spring… Come APRIL 30 and it is still this dry… THEN its time to freak out.
For those interested in grains and livestock, Walsh Trading hosts a FREE weekly Grain and Livestock webinar. This webinar is hosted by Sean Lusk, Director and Ben DiCostanzo, Senior Technical Analyst with Walsh Commercial Hedging Services. Sean and Ben look at where the markets currently are and more importantly what hedgers and investors should be looking for in the future. Upon sign-up a recording link will be sent to your email in case you are unable to attend live. Sean and Ben will host their next webinar on Thursday, February 15th at 3PM CST. REGISTER NOW. If you missed our last webinar you may VIEW A RECORDING.